Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#53

A friend of mine just posted that she was being "tested by both her kids". I told her I felt like I got about a B-minus today, which ain't too damn bad, considering. I very rarely get a flat E, but I do log the odd D. Maybe D-minus. 62% or so if you're in to those measurements.

The thing is, it really is a test. Wanna know how you're doing? Look down. Are the boys laughing maniacally and doing their best to kill each other in a playful way? Something is most likely amiss, and you're the one with the full grown brain. Guess whose mess it is.

OK, so Tuesday was a solid D for me. It started off well enough. We went to a home-schoolers picnic in Central Park, and having some time to kill after, we decided to explore a bit before we met Mom on the other end of the park. In my excitement, I forgot how L....O.....N.....G the Park is. We took our time, and I thought the day went well enough. There were a few Lord-of-the-Flies moments, but nothing unexpected. We saw the Reservoir, (Now named for Jackie O, bizarrely enough), did some swinging, threw some rocks. But mostly, it's true, we walked. Slogged.

On the way home, my grade came in, by way of Isaac, (who seems to be the one I get all my material from lately):


"Daddy, why were we trapped in the park all day?"

No comments:

Post a Comment