Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#48

By this time many of you have gotten a good idea of my two son's contrasting personalities (refer to Random Kid Thing #7, and others). To illuminate them further I offer the following example:

Jack and Isaac are sitting up on our loft bed, drawing pictures on small slips of paper and throwing them over the edge. This is a favorite game of their own invention. They have requested (demanded) my presence so that I can receive said masterpieces, thank the artist, and praise the effort. Not a bad gig. I get to sit down, at least.

I retrieve Jack's first drawing. It is a passable square drawn in blue pen.

"Jack, thanks, man. Cool picture. What is it?"

"It's a pillow"

Fair enough.

Isaac's first three come floating down all at once. They are reddish-orange squiggles with sharp angles drawn in marker that nearly soaks through the paper.

"Wow, nice drawing Isaac. What are you drawing?"

"I'm drawing people who have been BITTEN by SHARKS for a LONG TIME. ALL AFTERNOON."

No comments:

Post a Comment