Wednesday, November 18, 2009

#34

Yesterday was Circus Day, part of my long-weekend birthday extravaganza, which was - of course - pretty much centered around the kids. (cuz if the boys aint happy...)

They set up the big top in the park, which is just a 10 minute walk from our place. We get there, find our seats, and Jack and Isaac, like every other kid there, starts staring at the light-maker things. You know the things. Some spin, some are wands, swords, ect. The brilliant marketing strategy is that once a few kids have them, EVERY OTHER KID IN THE PLACE *NEEDS* ONE. Like their life depends on it.

Yielding to the inevitable, I ask the boys which ones they want, wave the guy over, and laugh in his face when he tells me $15 each.

Then I buy them.

Jack enjoys turning on his light up sword and waving it around a bit.

After five minutes or so, I look over and he is just staring at it.

"What's up Jack", I ask.

"Daddy? WHAT are these things FOR???!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment