Friday, April 10, 2009

#16

OK, this happened a few months ago and I keep forgetting about it...
So we have a big double stroller for long trips or inclement weather. It has a big plastic bubble that goes over it and two big seats for the boys. The thing is, when the cover is down, you can't hear what the boys are saying, so if they need to tell you something (and they usually do), you have to stop, put the brakes on the thing, walk around to the front of it, pull the plastic up, and stick your head inside.

One day I'm taking the boys home, and it's windy, rainy, and generally shitty outside. All I want to do is get home, and I've got about a 20 minute walk. I tell the boys that if they have something to say, they have to wait until they get home. I remind them of this whenever they pipe up, which is every 3 minutes or so. Finally, they get the picture, and I'm chugging home as fast as I can. All of a sudden Jack starts yelling. I mean HOLLERING. "Daddy!!! Daddy!!! Daddy!!!!!!!!!" Something is wrong. Isaac must be biting his ear off or something. I stop, put on the brakes, tear around to the front of the stroller, rip up the plastic, stick my head inside. Isaac is chill, neither boy is bleeding or visibly injured.

"Jack!! What is it, man? What's wrong??"

"Daddy!!!!!"

"Yes, Jack!! What??"

"J rhymes with K!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment